I fully understand the necessity to sleep in as late as possible before work each day. But when you give yourself only 30 minutes to get ready, your time is limited to make a balanced breakfast. Most of the time, I forget to eat or am not even hungry. But since it’s scientifically proven that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I’m going to try and not skip it. After working with only 15 minutes of breakfast prep, I’ve become a professional at whipping up a delicious breakfast that will jump-start my day. These are also vegetarian/vegan.
- Veggie egg scramble: the night before, chop up some vegetables and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning, simply saute your veggies and add egg/egg substitute and viola! Delicious and balanced. AM Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Avocado egg salad: Slice and mash avocado. Slice one hard boiled egg. Mix in a bowl. Spread on toast. AM Prep Time: 5 minutes
- PB Toast: Toast bread, spread almond/peanut butter and slice a banana to top off your toast! Add chia seeds for extra nutrients. AM Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Oatmeal slow cooker: right before bed, mix 1 cup oats/steel cut oats and 3 cups of water and leave your slow cooker on ‘LOW’ overnight. In the morning when you have 5 minutes for breakfast prep, add sugar and coconut milk, or maybe cinnamon and vanilla extract for flavor. Top with fresh fruit and walnuts and you’ve got yourself a quick breakfast! AM Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Juice: Whip out your juicer or a blender and mix a bunch of fruits and vegetables. Pour & chug. AM Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Fruit bowls: Blend fruit with ice and pour into a bowl. Top with fruit, seeds, nuts, etc. AM Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Yogurt Parfait: Pour yogurt into a bowl, top with granola, oats, fruits, seeds. AM Prep Time: 45 seconds
- Chia Pudding. AM Prep Time: 10 seconds
There you go, a new quick and easy breakfast for more than every day of the week. Give yourself the nutrients and energy to start your day and sleep in as late as possible. You’re welcome.